Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer...?

Hello, hello, is this thing on....? It seems that time has been flying without my getting a post up this summer. I'm working on it! Actually, we haven't had much summery weather here in Berlin at all, but I guess that's neither here nor there. In June, I spent several weeks back again at the BESSY synchrotron doing unnatural shifts of (worthwhile?) scientific work there. Now, I have been enduring an avalanche of visitors for the rest of the summer up until now. Mom and Dad and Anna and Casey came through Germany in mid-summer and I met my parents in Rome for the better part of a week as well. Uncle John, Aunt Barbara, and John John came through Germany, passing through Berlin in early August. Then, Karen came for a visit until just a couple of days ago, and we traveled a bit through Germany and visited Paris, as well as spending some time in Berlin. I have also had a number of friends and acquaintances passing through town. I did miss one who e-mailed me one morning to ask if I was available for breakfast that same morning as he was passing through Berlin (maybe next time?). Good to see everyone who made it! But, I'm happy to have maybe a tiny break from visitors for a few days....

In a couple of days I will have to go down to a castle in Bavaria for almost a week for our department's annual meeting (speaking of, I should probably be practicing my presentation...). Then afterward, I hope I will be spending a little more time in Berlin for a bit and I'll also be able to get a blog entry or two up. So, get excited! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're having a great...summer :) School started here already and the Taste of Madison is this weekend, so it doesn't feel like summer much here now. How does it go so fast?Have fun at your conference in a castle!

    ReplyDelete