Saturday, July 25, 2009

Where do I live?

A good question. I have a tiny apartment on my own in Kreuzberg (a district of Berlin, for those who don't know) and it has a lot of the furnishings that I'd want as someone who just stumbled off the plane and onto this continent. So, for instance, I have a bed, kitchen table, some pots and pans, a television, etc. already furnished here, which is nice. I like the area in which I live, and the apartment is ok for now, so I may stay here a long time or I may move on to another place depending upon how things go. I worked it out so that I can get out of the lease here with 1 month notice, which is much shorter than typical.

In order to orient you, I have a partial layout of the local trains here in Berlin posted below. The red circle in the bottom left is where I work (in Dahlem which is considered a pretty boring part of Berlin) and then I live at the other red circle which is more on the central/right, in Kreuzberg. I make the commute in between every day to go back and forth to work and that takes ~35 minutes, station-to-station, which isn't too bad. Also, here is a slideshow of some other pictures of my apartment from right when I moved it. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We are now following you. You mention a slide show, but I don't see it. Did it somehow not make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be just above, at least on my computer. By the way, I'm not sure I've cracked your name code. Can you fill me in?

    ReplyDelete