Monday, November 16, 2009

KC in the DL

Ok, I've had a bit of an unprecedented rash of posts lately, so be sure to look below and make sure you've caught my most recent ones. Here is a short one. I've run into a couple of Kansas City (MO) references in Berlin and thought I'd put them up here. This is exciting for me anyway, so please just humor me for a minute.


The first one was a completely random poster advertisement near one of the train stations. And here it is.



I saw it and took a picture because I was excited to see the KC reference. It looks like a fashion show. Or maybe an art exhibition. So, I looked it up later on the internet. And, the website was pretty mysterious. And maybe a little creepy. There are some strange pictures of a tattooed man wearing snuggie-like baby clothes, it appears. Feel free to check it out (but please don't blame me for the strangeness that lies behind).



http://www.peggynoland.com/shop.html



And little to no information on who Peggy Noland is. Very strange. Whatever, something new.


Anyway, the next second reference to KC came from when I was walking down the street. I walked past this old man, and looked up...and saw...a Kansas City Royals baseball cap. Be still my heart :). So, I went up to him and started frantically talking to him in German to ask him about his hat and where he got it and if he knew of the Royals and if he was a fan etc. He appeared visibly disturbed by the encounter and I managed to catch that he had no idea who the Royals were or anything about baseball as he ran away. I was working my way up to asking to take a picture with him, but this appeared out of the question at this point. So, I was only able to snap this photo of him as he fled the scene. Trust me, that blue cap says KC on the front.




1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that reversible diaper is SO you.

    ReplyDelete