Monday, August 24, 2009

World Championships

The track and field world championships have been going on in Berlin for the past couple of weeks or so. I haven't gone to any of the formal events in Olympia-Stadion. Apparently Bolt set another world record. Now, he's all over the gossip pages here about this and that. I haven't paid too close of attention really. But, recently they had the marathon events out in the city, and it turned out to be pretty cool (thanks Lars, for giving me the heads-up). Here is a video showing a bit of what it looked like. You can see the Fernsehturm to one side and the Brandenburger Tor to the other side. You can also somewhat hear fleet of helicopters above that were filming and monitoring things. Unfortunately, I was not able to capture on video the guy who vomited on himself while running, without breaking stride. I was quite impressed. Enjoy! Hopefully this video doesn't take up too much computer memory...

Thanks to Lars for his help with my video technical difficulties as well. Who knew that the answer was on my computer all along. Two thank yous in on blog post. I hope Lars actually reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment